Helpful Information About COVID-19 Prevention From Idaho Elite Inspection Team!
“People could catch COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.”– World Health Organization
According to the World Health Organization, it is not yet certain how long the virus that caused COVID-19 can survive on surfaces but studies suggest that it can persist from a few hours up to several days.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC suggests extra steps you can do every day to clean and disinfect your home.
First, make sure to wear disposable gloves when you clean and disinfect.
CLEAN surfaces regularly with soap and water especially for frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, cellular phones and telephones, toilets, faucets, sinks, chairs, keyboards, and others.
DISINFECT by washing first or cleaning any area or item using soap and water or another detergent. After cleaning, use a household disinfectant. The use of EPA-registered household disinfectants is highly recommended. Make sure to follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use. Furthermore, it is recommended that you:
- Wear gloves and make sure to have good ventilation before using any product or solution
- Use only surface-appropriate solutions
- Follow the manufacturer’s instruction
- Never mix bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser
- Leave the solution for at least 1 minute before rinsing or washing away
- Use alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol
FOR SOFT SURFACES such as carpets, rugs, and drapes, make sure to:
- Clean the surface or item with soap, water, and an appropriate cleanser
- Launder items
- Disinfect using EPA-registered household disinfectant
FOR ELECTRONICS including tablets, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls, phones, chargers, and mice, you can:
- Put a wipeable cover and carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and disinfecting. Alcohol-based wipes can also be used. Dry surface thoroughly.
“I used Idaho Elite Inspection to check a home I was purchasing. I was impressed with how professional the inspection report was presented. They had noted with descriptive detail the minor leaks that I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. I would fully recommend using them again.” – Review of Idaho Elite Inspection Team By Devin Rowley
FOR LAUNDRIES such as clothes, linens, sheets, towels, and other items, make sure to:
- Wear disposable gloves and wash hands with soap and water after
- Do not shake any dirty laundry to keep unwanted dirt from spreading
- Use the warmest setting available
- Clean and disinfect clothing hampers
PROPER HYGIENE requires cleaning your hands often. You must:
- Wash your hands with clean soap and water for 20 seconds immediately after removing gloves, cleaning, or coming in contact with a sick person.
- Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. However, hand sanitizers should only be used when soap and water are not readily available.
- Always clean and wash hands before and after providing assistance for another person, after coughing, sneezing, using the restroom, preparing food, and contact with animals. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth especially with unwashed hands.
WHEN CARING FOR THE SICK, it best to:
- Keep a separate bedroom and bathroom
- Keep the sick person separated from others as much as possible
- Reduce cleaning to as-needed to minimize contact
- Provide personal cleaning supplies
- Clean and disinfect the shared bathroom after each use by the sick person
- Provide separate utensils and wash dishes and utensils using gloves and hot water
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling used food items
- Have a dedicated, lined trash can and use gloves when handling and disposing of trash. Wash hands properly afterward.
The COVID-19 outbreak could last for a long time. Make sure to follow these tips from the CDC to help protect your health and the health of everyone around you.
When you or someone you know needs the services of a quality home inspection in Idaho Falls, ID, we would truly appreciate it if you call us. Our goal is to provide a complete and top-quality home inspection while maintaining a safe environment. We wish for everyone’s safety and good health.
Related video you might like:
It’s simple. We notice the little things, and we know exactly what to look for.
If you need the best home inspection in Idaho Falls, Rexburg, Rigby, Blackfoot, and Pocatello area, make the wise move and contact the Idaho Elite Inspection Team.
Receive your comprehensive home inspection report within the same day, complete with pictures and details of defects found. We want you to quickly get the answers you need to make an informed buying decision.
Idaho Elite Inspection Team, your Idaho Falls home inspection company, aims to protect your investment and provide all the knowledge you need when purchasing a home.