Idaho Elite Inspection Team and COVID-19
We’re Taking Precautionary Steps to Minimize the Risks of COVID-19
In light of the current crisis, we are currently monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking precautionary measures seriously to ensure the health and safety of our clients, employees, and everyone in our local communities.
We also instruct our employees to stay at home if they are not feeling well and seek medical help if necessary. On top of this, our inspectors follow the protocols below when conducting home inspections:
- Wear protective equipment such as face masks, gloves, and shoe covers if available
- Sanitize all equipment
- Wash hands before, during, and after the inspection
- Keep a hand sanitizer nearby
- Use disinfectant wipes when touching items around the house
- Practice “social distancing” by keeping a minimum distance of 6 feet
- Avoid shaking hands or fist bumps
- Practice personal hygiene by covering mouth with their elbow/arm when sneezing or coughing
We typically request that clients attend the inspection but at this point in time, we request that clients wait for our call and report instead. We can schedule a brief call at the end of the inspection to provide a summary of our findings. We can also conduct a phone review after sending the inspection report.
However, we suggest that buyers and sellers read the following recommendations below should you wish to attend the inspection. Feel free to call us for any questions you may have.
We understand how much you want to be around during the inspection of your potential new home. We want to provide you the best and safest service as possible so below are our suggestions:
- Limit the attendees to 1 client and 1 agent only and wear any safety protection you have.
- You can have a video conference with anyone you would like to attend to keep them involved in real time.
- Out of respect for the seller’s safety, please avoid touching anything in the home and simply observe as much as possible.
- Whether you are attending the inspection or not, please know that our lines are open for any questions you may have about the report.
- If you feel sick or show signs of any illness, we suggest that you get some rest at home or seek medical help if needed.
We are going to take every precaution while maintaining high quality and non-invasive inspection. Below are our suggestions on keeping your home as safe as possible before and after the home inspection:
- We will limit our contact with any of your personal items with your help as the homeowner. We request that you provide all access to all areas needing inspection so we no longer have to move any of your belongings. We need access to the attic, electrical panel, HVAC system, water supply, water heater, and other main components and areas.
- We will, as much as possible, avoid touching any items of the home. However, it is best that you sanitize all areas that our inspectors are likely to touch including doorknobs, light switches, faucets, knobs, shower controls, and the like.
- Wear any safety protection you may have and practice social distancing.
Our goal is to provide a complete and top-quality home inspection while maintaining a safe environment. We wish for everyone’s safety and good health.
Idaho Falls Home Inspections | Home Inspection Problems with COVID-19 | (208) 268-8350 | CALL NOW
Idaho Elite Inspection Team | Let this experienced Idaho Falls Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy. We’ll be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough, yet have excellent communications skills to be able to put the entire house into perspective for you. Idaho Elite Inspection Team takes pride in his commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.